https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUUNTshcqY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1uRC7BGMXw
Final:
"Re: Azeroth"
(I could not inserted the video into my blog for some reason, so the link would have to make do)The concept is of a fantasy world, with green hills, a valley with a large lake, opposite rocky mountains, and a volcanic? mountain that stands isolated at the far end of the map, supposed emitting an eery aura. My map is finished by various texture painting, terrain shaping and adding directional light overhead. The program would run from the first person perspective (FPS), using the keyboard to move around and jump (wasd and space bar), while mouse movement would rotate camera view.
I tried adding an "enemy" sphere and make it follow the player using the follow-me script, but it kept giving me an error regarding the mesh shape that I have not figured out how to fix, and the sphere would just stay there. For now the game could be that of an exploring type, with "treasures" as objects placing at random points at the map.
One improvement I would like to make is to include a "quest path" leading the player to their supposed destination. The path itself can be made from particles, and the destination would be an explosion. However, I have not figured out how to set the path or its direction.
Files (in compressed format) (haven't finished uploading):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xrqm2qjz9lx92cp/AABFtO1pOY9sPPWBEH7DYIkra
No comments:
Post a Comment